March Member of the Month – Christine Thomas
Christine is a CrossFit Epping OG. She’s been training with us since shortly after we opened the doors in 2014. As much as we’ve evolved as a gym in that time, Christine has progressed twice as much as an athlete. Her level of fitness is a true testament to her consistent effort, hard work and overwhelmingly positive attitude. She prioritizes her fitness inside the gym to express it outside through soccer, biking and running away from dinosaurs. Thanks for sharing, Christine. You’re awesome!
1. Profession – Mechanical Engineer at Seabrook Station Nuclear Power Plant
2. Athletic Background/ previous fitness training – Youth sports (soccer, softball), dabbled in a bit of tennis in college and long distance running.
3. What is CrossFit to you? A new and exciting challenge each day!
4. Why CFE? The people. I couldn’t ask for a better group to be around. The guys and gals at CFE are the most supportive and encouraging bunch you’ll find.
5. What inspires/motivates you to continue? Progress. There is always something you can improve upon. I started CrossFit because I was burnt out from running as my only form of exercise. I had plateaued and wasn’t getting any faster, no matter how many miles I logged. Since doing CrossFit, I’ve even snuck in a couple 5K, 10K and half marathon PRs.
6. Advice for someone hesitant to try CrossFit – Jump into the deep end and give it a try. You won’t regret it.
7. Proudest achievement – Definitely pull-ups. I remember hopping up on the bar my first day at CrossFit and just hanging there like a wet noodle.
8. Greatest challenge/weakness – Anything that requires height…I despise rowing and wall balls.
9. Goals (Inside + outside the gym) – Inside the gym goals would be to knock out some strict hand stand push-ups and get better at any of the gymnastics movements. I don’t know how to sew buttons back on pants, so maybe I’ll work on that for an outside of the gym goal.
10. Favorite movement/ if you could design one workout – Squat cleans and pull-ups. I also really enjoy doing 400 m or 800 m runs on the trail.
11. Special interests – Ice cream
12. Anything you’d like to add? Joining CFE has been one of the best decisions I’ve made. I’m in the best shape I’ve ever been in and I’ve had the most fun getting there thanks to the coaches and members at CFE.
2017 03 01